Protect Yourself During Flu SeasonNovember 16, 2020
Flu season is here. And we hope you don’t need us. But if you do, access to a doctor through ROKiT Telemedicine is available 24/7.
Here are some easy suggestions from the CDC to help keep you healthy through the next few months of flu season:
- Avoid close contact. You don’t know who’s been where, so be choosy about who you spend time around.
- Stay home when you are sick. Chances are work or school will still be there when you feel better. And better to stay home and rest rather than infect others.
- Cover your mouth and nose. Especially right now, if you’re going to cough or sneeze, cover your face and mouth (which shouldn’t be a problem if you’re wearing a mask).
- Clean your hands. Just think how many other people touched that door handle. Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer when you’ve been out and about.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you touch surfaces being used by others, and then touch your face, you could be sharing their germs.
- Practice other good health habits. Keep your home clean, eat right, and get plenty of rest and exercise to keep your immune system healthy. Seems simple!
And if you have a non-medical ROKiT Telemedicine question, you can talk to one of our knowledgeable support team members by calling 855.697.6548 Monday through Friday, between 7am and 5pm Pacific.